Jesus said, "told ya!"

I don't know about you but I have often had dreams of deceased loved ones. In my dreams we spend time together doing the things we loved to do. I've dreamed of sitting at my grandmother's kitchen table playing cards with her and talking. I've dreamed of working on a project with my father. I've dreamed of fishing with my younger brother. Yet, when I wake, sadly, I realize it was just a dream and nothing more. In today's Gospel the disciples that jogged back from Emmaus are telling their brothers about all that had happened. In the midst of this story, Jesus appears out of nowhere. Surely the two disciples were struggling to tell their story while also trying to catch their breath after their seven mile run. Yet, here is Jesus. They and the others must have thought that they were dreaming or, as Jesus says reading their hearts, " touch me and see, for a ghost does not have flesh and bones. " Scripture tells us that the disciples were "startled an

Pumpkin Porter


















As many of you know, I brew the beer I drink. I wouldn't have it any other way. I was at a Knights of Columbus social meeting last week and had a commerical beer with my dinner. I don't know how anyone can drink that stuff. Anyway, I have been carefully brewing my latest creation Hahn's Hobgoblin Pumpkin Porter. When I was cooking it it smelled like pumpkin pie and made the house smell that way for two days. That has been the only batch of beer that hasn't drawn complaints from my lovely wife. I finally bottled it after a month of letting it simply sit, relax and make itself at home. Of course I had to taste it even if it is flat and it was good! It was pretty spicey. I could taste the pumpkin pie spice and the cloves.

Thursday evening I bottled it and placed it in a dark room to mature and for the flavors to mix. I'll crack them open for Thanksgiving. Pictured above is the fermenter. You can see the remaining yeast and sediment on the bottom of the fermenter. I spilled a little on the counter while bottling, yes, I cried too. Strangely enough I thought the mark left by the spilled beer under the bottles looked like cousin Bucky on his tractor. Yet the spooky thing is that when I went to grab a rag to clean up the mess I came back and found the beer had somehow moved into this pumpkin form. IT'S ALIVE!!!!! And I can't wait to drink it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I also have five gallons of Hahn's Hoppy Red Ale brewing. I'll let you know about that too...

Comments