What sign can you do?

John 6:30-35 If I wasn't in the same boat as these sinners following Jesus I would probably be laughing right in their face. I often wonder how Jesus kept from rolling on the grass laughing at what some people do. Today we hear the crowd ask Him, "What sign can you do, that we may see and believe in you? What can you do?..." Is this not the same crowd who in verse 2 we are told - "followed him, because they saw the signs he was performing on the sick ."? Are these not the same people who in verse 14 " when they saw the sign he had done, they said, "This is truly the Prophet, the one who is to come into the world."? Yet still they seek a sign. However, they are not seeking a sign so that they might believe, they are wanting to be fed. Jesus worked a "sign" with the loaves and the fishes and now they want Him to do it again. Wisely, Jesus is using their bellies to get to their hearts; He is using earthly things to move them,

Kurt Update

October 2 - Kurt gave his dad a smile this morning =) (He has a pretty speech therapist...so maybe it was really for her)

October 3rd - Today Kurt will begin being fed by a feeding tube, called a PEG tube. This tube will go directly into his stomach to feed him. This procedure will be happening in a couple of hours. Please continue to pray. Your prayers are helping Kurt heal faster!

Comments

Hello Mr. Hahn and Family,

I am a new Catholic blogger and found your blog. I was thinking that it was going to be a place to pray the rosary together.

I was and pleasantly surprised to find out so many similarities between your family and mine!

First, Catholocism (my husban in not though). Life in the country on a farm. A focus and love for our families......and finally, here's the drum roll: OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FANS!

My husband was born and raised in Athens, OH and earned his doctorate in education at OSU.

We ALSO look for buckeyes on our little farm too. However, I have not taken a picture of them like you have.

Since I am not from Ohio, I was surprised that these buckeyes shrivel up a bit!

Anyhow, I will add your blog to my favorite list.

Here are my blogs if you would like to do the same:

http://beautifulcatholicfaith.blogspot.com

(Our Beautiful Catholic Faith)

and

http://bellavita-bellasblog.blogspot.com

(La Bella Vita - My blog on faith and beauty in life).

P.S. The Bucks play tonight on t.v. So now we will listen to our old cassette tape of "Script Ohio" to get pepped up!

Bye for now,

Bella!
James M. Hahn said…
Bella,
Thanks for the post and welcome to the blog world. There are some great blogs out there. I love Athens and visit often since it is practically in our backyard. Thanks again! Go Bucks!