The Sheepfold and the Voice of the Shepherd

Stone sheepfold John 10:22-30 Recently my boys have been spending a great deal of time outside in the area that will soon be transformed into our garden. They spend endless hours digging in the dirt for worms. They then promptly take those worms and throw them to the chickens. It amazes me how even chickens can learn to recognize sounds or voices. My oldest makes this funny high-pitched sound when he comes out of the house and heads toward the coop. The chickens practically fall over themselves running toward the fence or out of the coop when they hear him making his sound. They know there is food to follow! In Sunday's Gospel Jesus tells us that, "My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me." and "I am the gate for the sheep." Today, again, Jesus mentions that His sheep know His voice and follow Him.  In these few verses we learn that Jesus is both gate and shepherd for the sheep. In those days and even today in some places, a sheepfold w

Help Saint Gabriel Radio


Saint Gabriel Radio is our local Catholic radio station serving the Diocese of Columbus. The broadcast a bunch of local shows as well as EWTN. However, they need help to stay on the air. They are leasing their new building / station which provides a stronger signal for Columbus, but need to purchase it by June.

They need 2500 new Members ($20./mo for 3 year commitment) as well as Founders (approx. $150/mo for 3 year commitment) in order to show the owners they are able to buy. Of course, they need a few BIG donors as well.

I wanted to give my blog readers the opportunity to help support this station. Even if you don't live in the area, your assistance helps Church through this needed ministry of evangelization over the air waves.

FOUR WAYS TO HELP

1) PRAY - Offer your prayers and intentions that God might move the hearts and minds of those who have the means to give and provide for the station.

2) DONATE - There are plenty of opportunities to donate through their website. Consider joining the 1580 club - donating $15.80 a month (.53 a day) to St. Gabriel Radio!

3) ATTEND A CONCERT - International Performer and Recording Artist Eric Genuis will be in Columbus for a benefit concert for St. Gabriel Radio on May 8th at New Albany Church of the Resurrection.

4) BUY MY BOOKS AND ROSARIES - Okay, I know that sounds bad but it's my way to contribute. For every copy of Rosary Meditations for Real Life that you buy I'll donate $3 to Saint Gabriel Radio and for every cord knot rosary that you buy I'll donate $1 to St. Gabriel Radio. I'll make these donations until June 1st.

Thanks for your prayers and help! God Bless you all, Jim.

Comments