Update: We decided to cancel the surgery today. We are going to go for a second opinion with a specialist in PA. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Especially to St. Lucy for Catherine's eyes, St. Christopher for our travels, and St. Gerard, the patron saint of those with cancer.
Original Post: We learned today that Catherine does have a tumor in her right eye, retinoblastoma. Because this tumor is larger in size, and because it has caused her retina to detach, the only option for her right now is to remove her eye. It is not possible to remove the tumor without taking a big risk of having it spread to other parts of her body. The good news is that the tumor has not spread to her brain and is contained in her right eye. There is still some question as to whether she will need chemotherapy or not, but that will become clearer once the tumor is out. We will also see a pediatric oncologist to help in that decision. The plan is right now to have her eye removal surgery tomorrow. This could change if the surgery center is unable to schedule her early tomorrow. It is an outpatient procedure.
We are once again begging your prayers for our Catherine. Please pray for the doctors and nurses. Please pray for us. We don't want to see her suffer, but if anyone can beat this, she can!
That's right! For the month of October we will be giving away one of our handcrafted cord knot rosaries each day during the month o...
Luke 1:5-25 Whenever I take the time to look back on my life I am amazed at the goodness of God. Especially so in light of my wandering wa...
I've once again learned to not underestimate this girl. At school she has been receiving therapy using this stander to help her gain s...