Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Sword Play

I apologize in advance to all dial-up users. These pictures were just too good. It is amazing what a piece of PVC pipe, foam insulation, a chunk of wood, and duct tape can do for a boy. In these pictures you will see three of the four battling with our newly made swords thanks to some great instructions from Pondered In My Heart, you brought great joy to my sons with your post. The following pictures are actual combat so the squeamish should be advised. Christopher (in the white shirt throughout) totally whooped his older brother but we won't show the pictures after the battle was over to save his pride. None of the pictures were staged. Also, the lawn mower is broke so when you look at the grass please hear Axel Rose singing "welcome to the jungle....." Enjoy!

















Comments