The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

Ultrasound

Technology today is amazing. We can see things today that our grandparents and parents never even dreamed of. Here is the latest of baby Hahn. As you can see it will be another smiling Hahn baby!


Comments

Sarah Reinhard said…
Jim, you might have lost Awesome Husband of the Year status if Nicole doesn't know that you posted this picture...

However, I must say, that is QUITE a beautiful baby. :) I can't wait to meet her, I mean him/her. (Which is not to wish twins on you. I only wish a girl on you, not twins. After all, I consider myself somewhat your FRIEND. And I like your wife.)
James M. Hahn said…
I'm not after awards. I take pride in my humility. I think HE looks like his mother at this point. No twins, sure of that....
Nicole said…
Sarah,
Let me just say that I agreed to the picture taking...but not the size of the picture on his blog! COULD he make it any bigger? In real life my belly is not that big. You know what I'm talkin' about.
Nicole
Sarah Reinhard said…
Nicole,

I'm going to give Jim some credit here. To him, that belly is probably one of THE most beautiful and amazing things in the world, even though by now you two are old pros at this. To him, you have the ability and strength he cannot even imagine. To him, making that picture big is an homage to the core dignity of your womanhood (if not your vanity).

But I'm just guessing, based on what I've gleaned from the guy I married. :)

And I hear that he's a BIG FAN of having a little girl who shall wear pink tutus. (Oh just wait, Jim, it gets better. And if you have a girl, well, I'd better email you my cell phone number, huh? I can make it to the hospital to rub it in IN PERSON!)