The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

Homeschool Library Cart

We began homeschooling again this year.  I had forgotten how many books it takes to home school...  Wait, can someone help me, please... is it "homeschool" or "home school" or "home-school"?  Obviously, my wife is the one teaching the language arts.

Anyway, after the first couple of weeks my OCD kicked into high gear and I had to find a solution to the problem of 300 books on the kitchen table each day.  To complicate the situation, our daughter finds great joy in pulling books off of shelves and flinging them across the room so it had to be mobile.

My solution was a rolling library cart.  I looked on Amazon and laughed hysterically at the $200+ price tag.  So, poverty and necessity being the mother of invention, I decided to make my own.  I found a great free plan that I modified to fit our needs and these pictures are the result.

The only thing I would do different is put larger, soft rubber wheels on the cart rather than the small hard wheels.  Oh well, when the kids are gone it will make a great cart to store recently bottled homebrew....  is it "homebrew" or "home-brew"....

Comments