The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

Removing the pontoon.



I left work early yesterday to pull my parent's pontoon out of the lake before winter. It had to be out by November 1st. Dad and I were going to do this last Saturday before he was taken to the hospital. My WCSS says thank God it didn't happen on the boat.

Mom helped me get the boat out, well, she gave me moral support but it was enjoyable just spending time with her. I told her that we needed to name the ship since they have had it all summer and have not yet named it. To honor poor old dad who remains in the hospital I proposed to name it the S.S. Spleen. I thought it was fitting since we just took it out...we decided to wait and tell dad when he was fully recovered. We didn't want him laughing and bursting open his incision.

Comments

Anonymous said…
test1
Anonymous said…
I'm all for the S.S. Spleen!
I'm all for Pumpkin Porter too!
This weblog rocks! Hey, are you related to Fr. Bill Hahn. He's so cool! Can I meet him?
Anonymous said…
Anybody who is for Pumpkin Porter has to be cool.
- Your southern in - law.