The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

Nominee is good...




I told my wife Saturday that I was very nervous about being nominated for two Catholic Blog Awards - Best New Catholic Blog and Most Spiritual Catholic Blog. Of course I was nervous because of my melancholic temperament. My condition makes me want to either be the best or not be at all. I jokingly told her that if I didn't win I would never write another thing. We melancholics can be tough to deal with. But then I began thinking that perhaps I needed to lose in order to deal with the character flaws and I needed to lose for a dose of humility. So I want to thank you all for not voting for me. Otherwise I would probably be in a worse condition than before. Thank you for not voting so that I can learn to be humble and realize that I should do all that I do as well as I can. And I should realize that it is better to write and be bad than to not write at all....in most cases.


But of course my WCSS kicks in and tells me that the link from the award site was probably broken and that is why I didn't win. Yet, I tested that and it was fine so I am thinking that someone probably hacked into my blog page and redirected all the hits to theirs (probably that Snoring Scholar blogger!). You can't trust bloggers these days. Or, even worse, the Blog Award thing is probably just a hoax to make fun of me. "Hey look everyone, Hahn thinks he can win something. Paaa- lease.....he can't even spell write, right, correctly!!!"

Thanks for the votes! God Bless, your new hopelessly cynical friendly catholic spiritual blogger.


Can I be up for the "new" award next year too? Probably not....


Comments

Sarah Reinhard said…
HEY! I nominated you, Hahn!!! (Can't remember for which one of those, though...)

And I don't know how to hack. Silly rabbit, if I did, don't you think we Ohioans would have taken the prizes. Mwahahahahaha!

Ah, there's always next year...maybe we should volunteer to be on the committee or whatever it is...tee hee hee.

In all seriousness, keep up the good work. You've got a good thing going on here.
Anonymous said…
I just wanted to say, "your welcome"
; )
Matt
James M. Hahn said…
If you can't count on family to keep you humble, who can you count on. Thanks Matt! Your a great brother-in-law!


(Jim mumbles under his breath -with friends like this....)