Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Moron

Not often do I venture out of my monastery style blog into the world of politics and the like. Yet today I feel called to do so. It is my hope that after this post I will never need to leave the blog-chapel again.

Frankly, I am disturbed by a recent trend in the blogsphere and in the news outlets. It appears that all common decency and charity have been thrown out the window with the early start of the 2008 Presidential Race. One issue that comes to the forefront is name calling.

I have read many articles about a particular candidate that happens to be a moron. Now, granted, he may be a moron, but to post this on the Internet or to make that the "eye-catching" phrase of a news article is repulsive. Here are a few of the headlines I have seen...

Can Catholics vote for a Moron?
Does a Moron have what it takes to run the country? (I think this reporter also wrote the next article)
Will the United States have its first Moron President? (not going to touch that one)
Moron to run for President in 2008.
Can a Moron count on Evangelicals for votes?
Moron President? Moron Country?
Moron's Faith Could Hinder Presidential Bid.

I think you see what I mean. This poor man is being attacked left and ......what's that you say? A what? Are you serious? Oh.....a Mormon....shoot, sorry about that folks. I'll crawl back into my cell and stick to Scripture, Prayer and Work. You know, "oral et laboral"!

Comments