The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

Saints Meme

I've never been "tagged" before so thanks to Steven at Book Reviews and More for giving me the opportunity to share in this Communion of Saints. I am supposed to list my 4 favorite saints, 2 blessed, and a person who I think should be a saint. I too have a difficult time naming saints since my devotion changes depending on where I am in life. Here goes...

Saints
1. Saint Josemaria Escriva
2. Saint Francis of Assisi
3. Saint Ignatius Loyola
4. Saint Sharbel

Blessed
1. Mother Teresa of Calcutta
2. Charles de Foucauld

Should be, could be, would be???
1. G.K. Chesterton

I'll pass on the tag to Sarah!

Comments

Thanks for playing. I read a great book on Charles de Foucauld a few years back called Charles de Foucauld: Journey of the Spirit - Cathy Wright, I did not know he was beati.

Steven

Book Reviews and More
McEvoy's Musings
Sarah Reinhard said…
Jim, I have too tagged you before, but it might have been in the days before you knew what that meant...But I will get to work on this and get my posting... :)
James M. Hahn said…
Sarah, when you tagged me I was probably looking around for a tag sticking out of my shirt or something. It was either that or I was standing in place for a long time waiting for someone to free me so I didn't respond. This old guy is still learning all the terminology. I thought I had a virus the first time I saw the "word" - meme.
Fr Lenny Tighe said…
I was looking at listings under the subject of CHARLES DE FOUCAULD and I came across your name and email. I am sending you some references on Br Charles of Jesus just in case you might be interested in what is happening in the USA with his spiritual families. In Christ, Fr Lenny Tighe, Boston Ma http://www.brothercharles.org/