The Seasons: A Poem

Sunrise over Amazing Grasses Family Farm The mad Artist wields His brush, Painted colors rush, To life and give flush, Before the quiet autumn hush. The life seems to pour, As colors fall to the floor, To be seen no more, Outside the dark, grey door. Brightness from below, Sun upon the snow, High, cold clouds blow, Flakes and ice appear to grow. The man melts with little seen, Underneath, pale, grey green, Hides life in dark unseen, Waits for warmth and to careen. Buds on branches show, Patience starts to grow, Trickles, streams and veins flow, Bringing fruits of melted snow. Sprung to life it springs, Bees, birds, sound rings, Lush green flings, Its gift bounty brings. Green growth gives one last rush, Underneath the Painter's brush. The mad Artist wields His brush, before the quiet autumn hush. More poetry is available from James M. Hahn in  The Last Dragon and Other Poems  available now. My new book of cryptogram puzzles " Secret Messages from the Saints " is avai

More Pictures

I know some of you may be getting tired of the pictures. I post these for your enjoyment but also for mine as I head back to the stinking office on Wednesday. It was a quick summer but we had fun. I hope to get back to regular daily meditations on the Gospel and such too. But as for now I am soaking up God's beauty in this little spot of land He has given us. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Our garden from the east. The marigolds have taken over. There are tomato and pepper plants somewhere in all that mess and they have been very good to us thus far!
And here is the Coop that Jim built. Those sunflowers were only supposed to be three to four feet high. What is in those chicken droppings???? Just kidding, the sunflowers are about 12 to 14 feet high and starting to flower.

This odd looking view is of my design for the pole beans. The rebar is about 10 feet high with diagonal rebar and twine in between. After a serious battle with the rabbits they are now doing pretty good. I'll save this design for my hop garden next year.

We planted hundreds of sunflower seeds above the retaining wall. This is a view of the top of the wall from above on the deck. They aren't real stable so they're ending up on the kitchen table (rhyme).

Comments

Unknown said…
Please keep the pictures coming! I love them! Lisa
Wanda said…
I'm pretty new to your blog, but I have to tell you that I LOVE your garden photos and posts. I garden in South Texas, so our climates are quite different, which give us different crops and different growing seasons, but seeing a nice, imaginative garden is always a pleasure.