Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Morning Hike

Early this morning the boys and I decided to play hooky from homeschool for a while and go on an expedition in search of Hickory and Buckeye nuts up on the hill behind the house. It was a beautiful morning, cool with a touch of dew to make our pants nice and soaked through by the time we returned to the house.

We didn't find many nuts. Either the squirrels got them all, which in my opinion signals a bad winter, or there weren't many because of the late frost. We had a nice long walk without too many incidents. #3 did fall and had a stick go up his nose but after a few tears and a few moments of wiping away blood and....well, let's just say he felt well enough to continue on.

Here are some pictures from the top of the hill and the hike. (Click on the picture for a larger view)

This is our home as seen from the top of the hill. Looking at this makes me dream of sledding or tubing down this hill at about Mach 3.

Here is our house (R) and grandma and grandpa's house (L) from the top of the hill.

This is looking the opposite direction - West - from the hill.


Into the woods with my band off hobbits.

Comments

Nicole said…
He had a STICK go up his nose???? That's it, morning sickness or not, I'm going next time. ;-)
James M. Hahn said…
It wasn't all the way up like into his brain or anything and at least it wasn't in his eye...We WCSS always look on the bright side...
Bill Schmitzer said…
A little stick up his nose is good for him, it will put hair on his chest!!