Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Things I don't Understand # 3

Things I Don't Understand #3


Really, I do not understand NASCAR. Not that I don't understand that these are fast cars basically going in circles but I don't understand the point. Let's be real, most people are only watching for the crashes. It's like an expensive demo-derby.
Furthermore, I don't understand why so many NASCAR fans are upset by the whole Homeland Security incident. We all know that it was simply a typo or misprint if you will. The memo read that officials be inoculated before going to a NASCAR race. It was later pointed out that the memo should have stated that officials be inebriated before going to a NASCAR race. Even I could have figured that one out hoss!


Comments

Scott W said…
It's one thing to not understand something, but it's quite another to run smack on it after admitting your ignorance...
James M. Hahn said…
Too often offense is taken rather than given. Get a grip dude. Perhaps instead of "running smack" on me you could enlighten me... There is no smack in my comment. I only state that I don't understand it. Am I not allowed to state that on my own blog? Am I not allowed to remain ignorant? Lighten up!