Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Another good day for little Catherine

Today they removed Catherine's ventilator tube since she is breathing on her own. She is still on some blood pressure medication. Hopefully, once she gets rid of more fluid via her stomach tube they will begin feeding her. She has been having dirty diapers which is a really good sign that all is working well for her.

They are also scheduling an MRI later this week to check her brain for any possible damage etc. It is a standard procedure.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's great to see her breathe deeply and free. Thank you for sharing the video. We keep on praying!
Sarah Reinhard said…
Dear Catherine,

I can't wait to see you in pink. My girls can't wait to coochy-coo you. (Well, the older one anyway - the youngest will just drool on you. But I'm sure you won't mind. Too much.)

Give your mom and dad a hug, wouldja?

Best,
Sarah :)
James M. Hahn said…
Sarah, my house is now pink and I am scared.
Jim
Sarah Reinhard said…
Oh, PINK is nothing...wait for the purple sparkles and the dress-up shoes and the princessing and...and...and...

But you have to admit, Jim (even if you don't admit it here in public), that having a pink house is a wonderful, miraculous ANSWER TO PRAYER, yes? :)