Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

Video of our Hike




The boys and I took a little hike up on the hill to look for wind damage after remnants of hurricane Ike came roaring through on Sunday. The wind storm, with 78 mph sustained winds, knocked out power to much of central Ohio on Sunday, over two million folks affected, and much of it has not been restored. We were very lucky not to have lost power even though much of our county did. I have been off work all this week so far and it could go on for a few more days (hopefully ;-)).


Anyway this is a 360 degree video starting with a look at our house from the top of the hill and circling all the way around back to the house.

The Hobbits are heading back to the Shire.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Before me peaceful, behind me peaceful, under me peaceful, over me peaceful, all around me peaceful."
:o)