Happy 16th Birthday Catherine Therese!!

Although you'll never read this my sweet Catherine, I love you. 16 years ago you changed our life forever. All of your siblings have done this in their own way but you have done so in a very special way. You have made me more empathetic, compassionate, and much more prayerful. Your smile lights up the world around you and we are all blessed by it.  It's not easy living with a saint. You remind me of my weakness and limited time on this earth. You challenge me to go deeper within myself and find what the Lord is trying to teach me...usually patience. You are made in His image and likeness but He uses you so that I can see my own beauty, goodness, and shortcomings.  You struggle mightily against me with every bath, diaper change, and wardrobe change. I struggle mightily with Him against all the changes He wills in my life. You depend on me and your mom for even the simplest of things. You teach me to depend on Him for everything and not rely on my on strength. You teach me that I

4 Simple Steps to Better Meditations

Hey everyone, I've just released my newest Kindle book, 4 Simple Steps to Better Meditations.

Do you ever get distracted while trying to pray or meditate?
Do you wish you could find more time for prayer?
Would you like to learn to clear your mind so you can focus on God?
Would you be interested in techniques for getting more out of the Scriptures?
Do you often wonder if God is really listening to your prayers?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, I think you'll love this book.  I've worked hard to address all of these questions and more.

If you are a Kindle Unlimited subscriber you can get the book now for free.

If you have a Kindle or a Kindle reading app, the book will be available for FREE on Friday November 14th through Sunday November 16th.  Even if you are reading this post after the date, heck it's only .99 cents!

Yes, free!  Please take a look, give it a read and let me know what you think here on the blog or even better, leave a review on Amazon.  Reviews help others learn about the book and help me learn how to write better.

The book also includes bonus sections on meditation habits and excerpts from my other books.  Check it out!

About the cover, traveling trivia, the stairs on the cover were built in 2000 for our wedding reception so folks could walk from my parents house to the pond.  The picture on the cover is my 2nd son just as he reached the top.  A very fitting picture for a book designed to lead one closer to God, higher, toward the light of Christ.


Comments